What we collect
We collect data about our site visitors and customers in order to provide the best possible experience with Asmuss. When you register on the site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, enter a contest, respond to an e-communication, or participate in another site feature, we collect customer data in order to complete these tasks and fulfil our contract to you
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit and debit card numbers, email address, and phone number or other information such as preferences and interests relevant to offers. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
What do we do with the information?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We may also use Device Information for targeted advertising or marketing purposes.
Who might we share your information with?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your Personal Information with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that ensure your purchases are delivered to you like warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Payment processing companies
- Marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Digital analytics companies, who ensure you have the most optimal experience on our website
- Email delivery services that allow us to keep you updated on news and promotions
These service providers are not authorised to use or disclose your personal information except to the extent necessary to perform such services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to our site, or the orders placed on certain dates) with third parties, including advertising partners. Such information will not directly personally identify you or any user.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by going to:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Finally, we also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by governmental or regulatory authorities, or (iii) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate suspected fraud or other illegal activity.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to know which personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by unsubscribing to our email list or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Unit 15 The Trampery Poplar Works, 384 Abbott Road, London, E14 0UX